Effective date: December 1, 2022
We have implemented cancellation policies to limit last-minute cancellations and build trust in Click&Boat.
We apply cancellation penalties when you cancel a booking without a valid reason, for example, if you cancel because you have another rental scheduled for the same day.
In some exceptional cases, if you cancel due to unforeseeable circumstances (described below), this fee may be waived.
We charge a penalty fee based on the date that you cancel a booking. The fee calculation is based on your owner’s commission amount as follows:
- If you cancel less than 7 days before the start of the booking, the fee is 100% of your owner’s commission
- If you cancel less than 30 days and more than 7 days before the beginning of the booking, the fee is 50% of your owner’s commission
- If you cancel more than 30 days before the beginning of the booking, the fee is 25% of your owner’s commission.
Cancellation fees are generally deducted from your next payment(s) on the Click&Boat platform. In addition to the fees associated with the Owner Cancellation Policy, you will not receive a payment for the booking that you are cancelling.
Situations where fees may not apply
We will waive the fees announced in the current policy if you need to cancel due to unforeseeable circumstances.
If you are in such a situation, you will need to provide documentation or other sufficient evidence. We will then determine whether to waive the fee after reviewing your documentation.
There may be other consequences in addition to the cancellation fee. For example, if you cancel before the arrival date, an automatic comment will be added on your listing page to indicate that you have cancelled a booking. If you consistently cancel certain rentals, you may also lose your Super Owner status and/or have your account suspended.
Another point to take into consideration
An owner must promptly cancel a booking that cannot be delivered and must not encourage the tenant to make the cancellation.
This policy applies to cancellations occurring on or after the effective date. This policy is part of our Terms and conditions.
Conditions of unforeseeable circumstances
If you have to cancel a rental due to unforeseeable circumstances, we may waive your cancellation penalties.
You can cancel without penalty in the following cases:
- An emergency repair on your boat (engine, propeller, windlass, etc.). For example, a broken engine prevents you from delivering your charter.
- Death or serious illness of you or a close family member.
- Proof that the renter does not intend to charter the boat as you propose it on the Click&Boat platform (boat capacity, license, departure base, required presence of a skipper, etc.). For example, when a renter intends to rent your boat beyond its capacity in the number of people on board.
- A case of force majeure, such as an emergency situation, a disease outbreak or governmental travel restrictions.
- First cancellation of an instant booking on your account. This only applies if the booking was made instantly online by the renter.
- Severe weather incidents in the departure location and/or in the sailing area of the boat. Your cancellation may be reclassified as a weather cancellation.
If any of the reasons apply and you wish to cancel, then you will be required to submit one or more supporting documents. For example, in the case of an emergency repair to your boat, we may ask you for photos and/or a repair bill. In the case of a serious illness, you will be required to present a medical certificate.
If you have any doubts about the validity of the reason for cancellation, please contact us before cancelling.
How to contest a cancellation penalty?
The fees are calculated automatically at the time of cancellation, but you have 48 hours to contest them by contacting our team.
Before you contest, please refer to the above list of conditions in which you are allowed to cancel without any fees. If any of these circumstances apply and you provide proof, we will waive your penalty fee.
To contest a cancellation penalty, send a request via the Click&Boat Help Center from the following link.