Click&Boat provides a tool for all private owners to manage the deposit via a pre-authorization to debit a certain amount on the tenant's credit card (fingerprint).
The amount of the deposit is defined by the owner and appears on the listing under the section "Insurance".
Thus, when a tenant books your boat, our platform will register the credit card pre-authorization used for payment.
You agree to not require any form of deposit from the tenant.
Owners should declare any damage to Click&Boat within a maximum of 24 hours following the rental via the application or the website only.
Only owners can declare damages.
The owner can submit a claim through the e-contract available on the application.
If you do not have the application, you will have to submit the claim on our website:
- Click the "Bookings" tab,
- Then go to "In progress" (or "History"),
- Click on the relevant booking,
- Click on the link "Submit a claim" at the bottom of the page, under the heading "Cancellation conditions"
- Go to your "Messages" section,
- Click the message with the client,
- Find the option at the bottom of your conversation.
To complete the damage claim, you will be required to provide:
- The rental contract,
- The insurance certificate,
- The damage report signed by the tenant and the owner,
- Photos of the damage.
On the "Damage report" document, owners have to choose between 2 options:
A) Amicable settlement: Click&Boat will not take the deposit from the tenant.
B) The deposit is debited by Click&Boat: Click&Boat will debit the deposit as a precaution while the dispute is being sorted out - a repair estimate must be presented to validate the amount to be deducted from the tenant's deposit.
Professional owners manage their own deposit (cheque or credit card pre-authorization) and their damage report file.